Privacy Statement: CIE Tours Respects Your Privacy
This Privacy Statement is issued by Córas Iompair Èireann Trading As CIE Tours International, having its head office at Heuston Station, Dublin 8 (”CIE Tours“) and CIE Tours International, Inc., incorporated in the State of New York, United States of America and having its principal office at 10 Park Place, Suite 510, Morristown, New Jersey 07962-1965, United States of America (”CIE Tours Inc.“) (together ”CIE Tours“, ”we“, ”us“, ”our“).
If you are resident in a country in the European Economic Area (”EEA“), i.e. in the European Union or Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway, CIE Tours is the controller in respect of the data we collect.
If you are resident outside the EEA, CIE Tours Inc. and CIE Tours are each a controller in respect of the data we collect.
CIE Tours respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it. The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to inform you of the data relating to you that we collect and use in connection with this website and the uses (including disclosures to third parties) we make of such data. If you have any questions about our use of your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at [email protected]
Sites Covered by This Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement applies to all websites and domains owned by CIE Tours
Links to Non-CIE Tours Websites
CIE Tours websites may provide links to third-party websites for your convenience and information. CIE Tours is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites or for the privacy policies and practices of other third parties.
Personal Data That We Collect and Process
We collect and process personal data relating to you in connection with your use of this website and our relationship with you. We may collect your information using various channels including through this website, by phone or by email. The types of personal data you provide to us may include:
- Your name and contact details, including your postal address, phone number and e-mail address;
- Your user ID and password to your account on our website;
- Your credit/debit card or bank account details;
- Your contact preferences;
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you access the website (an IP address is the number automatically assigned to your computer when you are surfing the web);
- Any other information relating to you that you provide to us or that we generate about you in connection with your use of the website.
Requirement to Provide Personal Data
You are not under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide us with any personal data. If you choose to make a booking with us, there are some pieces of information that you must provide to us so that we can enter into a contract with you and process your payment, such as your name, contact details and your debit/credit or bank account details. If you do not provide us with this information, you will not be able to make a booking with us.
We collect and analyse certain statistical information about the use of this website (”non-personal information“). When you visit our website, the following non-personal information is retained about that visit:
- The previous website from which you accessed the website;
- The identity of any search engine used to access the website, and any search terms used;
- The IP address of any link used to access the website;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access the website;
- The date and time of your access to the website;
- A list of all the pages visited while in the website; and the page you exit the website from.
CIE Tours is committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. CIE Tours does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 16 and CIE Tours does not target its websites to children under 16.
Cookies are small data files placed on your computer or internet enabled device by websites in order to add functionality. A cookie can be used to identify a user‘s computer or internet enabled device to the website, or to other third party websites. Cookies help to improve the usage and effectiveness of the website, for example by remembering preferences expressed by a user or tracking a user‘s use of the website for statistical analysis.
How CIE Tours Uses Your Personal Data and Non-Personal Information
CIE Tours uses your personal data to provide you with products or services and to help us better understand your needs and interests. Specifically, we use your information to help you complete a transaction or order, to process and facilitate your booking with us, to communicate with you, to provide service and support, to update you on services and benefits, to personalize promotional offers and to personalize some CIE Tours‘ websites. Occasionally we may also use your information to contact you for market research regarding CIE Tours products or services. We will give you the opportunity to choose your privacy preferences regarding such communications.
Credit card information is used only for payment processing and fraud prevention. Credit card information is not used for any other purpose by our financial services providers or CIE Tours.
Non-personal information is aggregated for reporting about CIE Tours website usability, performance and effectiveness. It is used to improve the customer experience, usability and website content.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
The legal bases on which we process your personal data are:
- That this is necessary for the performance of tasks that we carry out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us by law;
- That this is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that applies to us;
- That this is necessary for the performance of our contract with you; or that you have given your consent to the processing.
Who CIE Tours Shares Your Information With
We may disclose your personal data to other organizations in connection with the above purposes including:
- To third parties who we engage to provide services to us, such as outsourced service providers, IT service providers, professional advisers and auditors;
- To other members of our corporate group;
- To any successor owners or operators of the Website; and
- To other public authorities and bodies where required or permitted by law, such as the Gardaí or other law enforcement authorities for the purposes of the prevention, investigation or detection of crime.
CIE Tours will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others.
We will not hold your personal data for longer than is necessary. We retain your personal data for as long as we need it for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, or to comply with our obligations under applicable law and, if relevant, to deal with any claim or dispute that might arise between you and us.
For residents of countries within the EEA, in connection with the above we may transfer your personal data outside the EEA, including to a jurisdiction which is not recognised by the European Commission as providing for an equivalent level of protection for personal data as is provided for in the European Union, for example the United States of America. If and to the extent that we do so, we will ensure that appropriate measures are in place to comply with our obligations under applicable law governing such transfers. These may include (i) entering into a contract governing the transfer that contains the ‘standard contractual clauses’ approved for this purpose by the European Commission or (ii) where the transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and CIE Tours or CIE Tours Inc. or (iii) where the transfer is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or (iv) seeking and obtaining your explicit consent to the transfer. If you would like to receive further details of the measures that we have taken in this regard, please contact us at [email protected]
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances and subject to certain restrictions, in relation to your personal data:
- The right to access your personal data;
- The right to request the rectification and/or erasure of your personal data;
- The right to restrict the use of your personal data;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data;
- The right to receive your personal data, which you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to require us to transmit that data to another controller; and
- Where our processing of your personal data is based on you having provided consent, the right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, or have comments or questions about our Privacy Statement, please contact us at:
CIE Tours Data Protection Officer,
35 Lower Abbey Street,
E-mail: [email protected]
Your Marketing Choices
CIE Tours gives you the choice of receiving a variety of information that complements our products and services. You can subscribe to receive certain product and service specific information and CIE Tours-wide marketing communications. CIE Tours-wide communications may include new product information, special offers, or an invitation to participate in market research. We give you a choice regarding delivery of CIE Tours-wide communications by postal mail, e-mail and telephone. We will make every effort to honour your preferences. This option does not apply to communications for the purpose of administering order completion.
You can choose whether to receive marketing communications by following the instructions at the time of entering your personal data (“opt-in”).
To opt-out of receiving communications you have expressly requested (such as e-mail newsletters, software updates, etc.), use any of the following methods:
- Select the e-mail “opt-out” or “unsubscribe” link, or follow the opt-out instructions included in each subscription communication
- Return to the Web page(s) where you originally registered your preferences and follow the opt-out instructions
- Write to the CIE Tours Webmaster [email protected] – be sure to provide your name, e-mail and postal address, and relevant information about your CIE Tours registrations.
Keeping Your Information Secure
CIE Tours is committed to protecting the information you provide. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of the information, CIE Tours has in place appropriate physical and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect.
When you purchase travel tickets online or access your personal profile you can do so through a secure server. The use of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology means that all personal information, such as your credit/debit card number, will be encrypted as it travels from your computer to the CIE Tours Online Booking Engine. When received, the information is decrypted and processed in the same way as a normal card transaction by telephone. This security measure is working when you see either the symbol of an unbroken key or closed lock (depending on your browser) on the bottom of your browser window.
If your browser supports SSL, and if you entered our site via our secure server access, then transmission of any sensitive data will be protected. If your browser does not support SSL, we recommend that you upgrade to the latest version of any browser to enhance the security of further transactions, otherwise the transmission of your personal data may not be protected and CIE Tours disclaims any responsibility in this regard.
Changes to This Statement
We may occasionally update this Privacy Statement. We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices. The Privacy Statement will specify the latest date on which the terms have been amended.
If you are not happy with the way we are using your personal data or how we facilitate your rights or comply with our obligations under applicable data protection law, you have the right to make a complaint to the Data Protection Commission by emailing [email protected]